French Toast Lessons Data Protection Policy & Privacy Notice
French Toast Lessons uses personal data about living individuals for the purpose of general administration and communication.
French Toast Lessons recognises the importance of the correct and lawful treatment of personal data. All personal data, whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media, will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the General Data Protection Regulation 2017.
French Toast Lessons fully endorses and adheres to the eight principles of the GDPR. These principles specify the legal conditions that must be satisfied in relation to obtaining, handling, processing, transportation and storage of personal data.
Employees and any others who obtain, handle, process, transport and store personal data for French Toast Lessons must adhere to these principles.
The principles require that personal data shall:
1. Be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
2. Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
3. Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
4. Be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
6. Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
7. Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using the appropriate technical and organisational measures.
8. Not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
French Toast Lessons will treat all your personal information as private and confidential and not disclose any data about you to anyone other than the administrative team and your personal tutor/parent in order to facilitate proper administration and efficient functioning of the teaching relationship.
French Toast Lessons Personal Data Consent Form
French Toast Lessons and Tutor Cruncher, a third-party system used to hold your information electronically, request your consent to hold personal data relating to maintaining and improving the efficient running and management of our business activities – that is connecting excellent tutors with students.
Other third parties:
Stripe – processes debit and credit card payments required for paying invoices.
This third party will only have access to the information inputted and once it has been inputted, your details are not viewable by any member of our organisation at French Toast Lessons, cannot be used or edited in any way other than for the purposes outlined above.
For Clients/Students we need:
- Your full name
- Telephone number
- Email address;
- Information relating to your request – your requirements and current French level, the name of the learning package you are interested in i.e. ‘Oh là là’
- The students’ name
Rights of Access to Information
- You can:
– access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
– review, update and manage your financial data;
– require French Toast Lessons to change incorrect or incomplete data;
– require French Toast Lessons to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
– object to the processing of your data where French Toast Lessons is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
What we do with the information we gather:
|Data we (may) hold||Why we need it|
|Full Name||To identify and communicate with a unique account holder and to check for duplicate accounts|
|Email & Telephone||So we can contact you to arrange your consultation, discuss your requirements and address any issues with your account. To put you in touch with your Tutor.|
|Username & Password||Unique login identity for you to access your account. Your password is stored in a one way encrypted form which means only you know what it is. An encrypted password cannot be recovered if forgotten, but you can reset your password by requesting a password reset.|
How do we hold your data?
We use a database system (‘Tutorcruncher’) to hold your data. Tutorcruncher is accredited, approved and compliant with the new EU regulations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Rights to Access Information
Clients, students and other subjects of personal data held by French Toast Lessons have the right to access any personal data that is being held in certain manual filing systems. This right is subject to certain exemptions: Personal Information may be withheld if the information relates to another individual.
Any person who wishes to exercise this right should make the request in writing to French Toast Lessons, using the standard letter which is available online from www.ico.gov.uk. Please address all correspondance to: FAO: Nichola Jacques, French Toast Lessons, 50 Milton Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M251PT or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If personal details are inaccurate, they can be amended upon request.
French Toast Lessons aims to comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible, but will ensure that it is provided within 30 days of receipt of a completed form unless there is good reason for delay. In such cases, the reason for delay will be explained in writing to the individual making the request.
You can withdraw your consent at any time to us holding and processing your data. Please email us at email@example.com, or call us at 07812998900 to withdraw your consent.
If we can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact us.